Riak Redis Add-on (RRA) is a distributed cache service that joins the power of Redis caching with the eventual consistency guarantees of Riak KV.
RRA enables you to reduce latency for Riak KV reads through the use of a distributed cache layer. This type of caching is most effective for keys that are immutable or have an infrequent change rate.
Whether you are looking to build out a session, shopping cart, advertisement or other dynamically-rendered copy, RRA helps reduce read pressure on your persistent store (Riak KV).
RRA is supported on the following platforms:
- RHEL/CentOS 6
- RHEL/CentOS 7
- Ubuntu 12.04 LTS “Precise Pangolin”
- Ubuntu 14.04 LTS “Trusty Tahr”
- Debian 7 “Wheezy”
- Debian 8 “Jessie”
RRA is compatible with the following services:
- Riak KV Enterprise (2.1.4+)
- Riak TS Enterprise (1.4.0+)
- Redis 2.x and 3.x (in 3.x, not supporting Redis Cluster)
- Redis Cluster and RRA’s consistent hash are at odds, which surface as errors such as MOVED, ASK, and CROSSSLOT messages from Redis, see (WIP): https://github.com/antirez/redis-rb-cluster