This page is a collection of videos, slides, papers, and other media introducing Riak and its features.
|Riak Training Workshop Series: Episode 1 In this classroom-style live workshop, Basho engineer Casey Rosenthal gives an in-depth overview of Riak. Part I gives a high-level overview of Riak. Subsequent parts delve deeper into Riak, including key concepts, querying, MapReduce, configuring Riak in production deployments, and more.|
|Introduction to Riak CS Basho Engineers Kelly McLaughlin and Reid Draper explain the basics of Riak CS, why it exists, and what some good use cases are.|
|MDC Webinar In this webinar, Basho solutions engineer Jim Rushforth gives a technical overview of Riak multi-data center replication. .|
|Riak Control An introduction to Riak Control from Basho Technologies.|
This is a sample of the slide decks used in presentations given by Riak Core Developers and Developer Advocates, and members of the Riak Community at conferences, meetups, and various other events worldwide.
- Riak from Small to Large - Riak (http://basho.com), a dynamo-inspired, open-source key/value datastore, was built to scale from a single machine to a 100+ cluster without driving you or your operations team crazy. This presentation points out the characteristics of Riak that become important in small, medium, and large clusters, and then demonstrates the Riak API via the Python client library.
The following papers give background information on distributed systems and relevant aspects of Riak's architecture.
- Amazon's Dynamo Paper
- Distributed Systems: Principles and Paradigms
- Time, Clocks, and the Ordering of Events in a Distributed System
- Distributed Algorithms
- Elements of Distributed Computing
- Towards Robust Distributed Systems
- Brewer's Conjecture and the Feasibility of Consistent Available Partition-Tolerant Web Services
- (White paper) Big Data's Effect on Data Management