The NoSQL space, as well as the database space in general, is growing ever-crowded. Because of this, we often find ourselves answering very high-level questions from developers, prospects, and customers along the lines of, “How does Riak compare to this database?” or “What is the main difference between your replication strategy and this NoSQL Database?” So, we thought it would be a worthwhile exercise to make available very brief and objective comparisons to as many databases as possible. (The list below will be growing as soon as we have the time to grow it.)
- Riak Compared to Cassandra
- Riak Compared to Couchbase
- Riak Compared to CouchDB
- Riak Compared to HBase
- Riak Compared to MongoDB
- Riak Compared to Neo4j
- Riak Compared to DynamoDB
Disclaimer: We tried to get this right, but software is complicated, and it changes rapidly. If you think we have made an error, please kindly correct us, and we will be happy to make the change.
This is a sample of the slide decks used in presentations given by Riak Core Developers and Developer Advocates, and members of the Riak Community at conferences, meetups, and various other events worldwide. (If you have a Slide Deck to add, please fork the Riak Docs Repo on GitHub and do so.)
- Choosing The Right NoSQL Database - 4Developers - A whirlwind tour of a few NoSQL solutions, learning the very different ways they represent data and seeing their unique strengths and weaknesses in various kinds of applications. Along the way, we'll learn why new technologies must be introduced to address today's scaling challenges, and what compromises we'll have to make if we want to abandon the databases of our youth.
- Rolling With Riak - Overview of Riak's NoSQL distributed key/value data store by John Lynch from Rigel Group.
- How does Riak compare to Cassandra? - A presentation about Riak and quick comparison to Cassandra. Presented originally at the Cassandra London User Group in July 2011.